Tabor College Business Department News

Monday, August 28, 2006

First day of school

Today is enrollment day here at good old Tabor College. New school years are always as source of wonder for me. I wonder

1.What will my classes be like?

2. Will I ever get everything done I need to?

3. How many campus events should Julie and I come to?

4. What kind of life altering experiences will happen this year?

5. Are students really benefiting from being in my classes?

Random musings I suppose, but something I think many faculty think about at the beginning of the year.

On a more serious note, in an earlier post, I mentioned our departmental misson statement. The mission of Tabor College is to prepare people for a life of learning, work, and service for Christ and His kingdom. We as a department have fleshed this out this way.

We want to influence and develop a generation of STEWARDS. Steward stands for

1. Servant leaders

2. Tithe – people who manage their resources with a God purpose in mind.

3. Ethical persons

4. Workers – professionals with a positive outlook and work ethic

5. Artisans – persons who are committed to quality and discipline knowledge

6. Reconcilers – persons who seek ways to resolve conflict in a productive positive manner

7. Disciples – persons who live out their faith in their vocation.

Other Stuff:

Dave Kroeker read Thomas Friedman’s book The World is Flat. He has said on several occasions, the book is a significant work and would recommend it to anyone. I am trying to finish a book by Joseph Garlington called Right or Reconciled. It focuses on how to maintain effective relationships and resolve conflict positively.

We welcome a Tabor College alumnus to our business department teaching faculty. Tim Hodge will be teaching Business Law starting tonight. Check out the college web site and see who is teaching what.

God bless

NH

All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 2 Corinthians 5:18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home